Tuesday 8 October 2013

Top Ten Tuesday



 













Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
______________

Or at least... that's what I'm supposed to be doing this week. I don't even WANT to go looking at the number of series I've finished, because I know it'll make me sad. Like, really sad. I also promised myself I wouldn't say Harry Potter, so yeah... I don't have many series left...

Instead I'll make it a Top Two Tuesday: Two of the best and worst series enders. Here we go..

Worst series enders:

Requiem (Delirium, #3) by Lauren Oliver

Requiem (Delirium, #3) 

Okay, I've said this many times, but it's true: I WANT A REAL ENDING. Argh! This book has one of the worst open endings in history. It was a major disappointment. I mean, I don't mind it when a book has an open ending or not all things are revealed... but then it should have a sequel. This was the last book in the series, and I know NOTHING more than I did in Pandemonium. Can you tell I'm frustrated?

Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3) by Kiersten White

Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)





Another major disappointment. The Paranormalcy series had such a cute and light vibe, and it was perfect for a rainy day: fast, cutesy and nothing too heavy. And then Endlessly came. It was boring, Evy was stupid, the romance wasn't cutesy but borderline vomit-inducing. No thank you.

Best series enders:

Mockingjay (Hungergames, #3) by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay (The Hunger Game...

Do I know I'm the odd one out? Yes. Do I care? No. I thought Mockingjay was such a perfect, raw and emotional end to this series. I do agree that certain characters didn't need to die (especially that one person, you know... Finnick  <- select text to see who.. I don't want to spoil anyone. *sniff*), but the way Katniss slowly went mad with grief and anger and haunting memories and perfection. It took my breath away.

Eona (Eon, #2) by Alison Goodman

Eona (Eon, #2)

I will keep fangirling over this one forever. This novel... It was perfection. The character development was nothing short of awesome, as were the dragons, and teh rest, but the CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT people! Whoa. This might actually be the best book I ever read when we're talking about character development. Yes, I'm willing to go there. It was that good.

Honorable mentions to books that weren't series enders but were very good anyway:

  • Days of Blood and Starlight
  • Hallowed 
(Sorry, it seems that I can't have a Top Ten Tuesday without mentioning Laini Taylor at least once... Oh well.)

4 comments:

  1. Oh god I AM IN COMPLETE AGREEMENT FOR THE FIRST TWO! They were so BLEH. I wasn't a fan of Mockingjay though :(

    Thanks for posting, Celine! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Personally, I loved it, but I know that's not the case with most readers. It could have done with a little less deaths though ;)

      Delete
  2. I totally agree about Mockingjay! Sadly, we are in the minority, but I just had to let you know that you are NOT alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! A fellow Mockingjay lover! I honestly began to think I was the only one :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...