Sunday 15 December 2013

Mid-Monthly Book Haul

Hey there everyone! How's your December going so far? I personally don't really feel like it's almost Christmas, but it is. In ten friggin days. TEN! Where did this year go?! (Although I have to admit - I feel like that every year at the end of the year.) Anyway, I got some goodies I wanted to share with you. Since I'm now doing monthly recaps, I thought including a book haul there would be good enough. I was wrong - that would be a haul of epic proportions! So I present to you, my Mid-Monthly Book Haul.

Currently Reading:


Speechless
Everyone knows that Chelsea Knot can't keep a secret

Until now. Because the last secret she shared turned her into a social outcast—and nearly got someone killed.

Now Chelsea has taken a vow of silence—to learn to keep her mouth shut, and to stop hurting anyone else. And if she thinks keeping secrets is hard, not speaking up when she's ignored, ridiculed and even attacked is worse.

But there's strength in silence, and in the new friends who are, shockingly, coming her way—people she never noticed before; a boy she might even fall for. If only her new friends can forgive what she's done. If only she can forgive herself.



Book Haul:

The Iron Traitor (The Iron ...  Speechless  Me Since You  Faking Normal  Death Sworn (Death Sworn, #1) 

The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa: I should have read this back in August, but hey, whatever. I plan to read it before the new year, though. Kagawa always delivers and apparently the ending is killer. I'm curious!

Speechless by Hannah Harrington: Since I'm currently reading this, it should be pretty obvious that it's part of my book haul, right? I'm not far in, but it looks promising!

Me Since You by Laura Wiess: I have already read this one and YOU GUYS. This has GOT to be one of the saddest books I've EVER read. Yes, all the caps were necessary. Read this book if you want a good cry, because damn.

Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens: This sounds like the kind of book that's absolutely AMAZING and will blow you away. It's a contemporary and it sounds as though the MC has a really nasty past. Really curious about this one!

Death Sworn by Leah Cypess: I'm not sure what to think of this one, but it sounds interesting! 

Salvage  After the End (After the En...  Great  Don't Call Me Baby  Tease  The Taking (The Taking, #1)

Salvage by Alexandra Duncan: "Ava, a teenage girl living aboard the male-dominated deep space merchant ship Parastrata, faces betrayal, banishment, and death. Taking her fate into her own hands, she flees to the Gyre, a floating continent of garbage and scrap in the Pacific Ocean." So spacey goodness and a nod to the environmental problems? 

After the End by Amy Plum: I have already read this one and it's pretty good, actually. Plum has some original ideas and even if you hated Die for Me, I think you should give this one a chance.

Great by Sara Benincasa: YA Great Gatsby retelling. Have I got your attention yet?

Don't Call Me Baby by Gwendolyn Heasley: A book about blogging. A book about blogging.

Tease by Amanda Maciel: The bully becomes the bullied in this book (apparently). This sounds like a really interesting novel รก la Dangerous Girls (because apparently we get some court-scenes as well) but with a heroine who slowly comes to the realization of what she's done and who's trying to redeem herself.

The Taking by Kimberly Derting: A girl wakes up and finds out that five years of her life have gone by and that she hasn't aged a day. Of course, in her new life, everything's different. This sounds like a great setup for some horror, drama and self-discovery!

Thank you, HarperCollins and Harlequin Teen, for these goodies!

There are actually a couple more books, but I don't feel like putting them in now, haha. You'll see them in my monthly wrap-up!

Happy reading, guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...