Monday 2 December 2013

Random Number Survey

So I saw this survey at Pretty Deadly Reviews, who saw it at Harley Bear Book Blog! The rules are pretty simple, so if you want to join me:

1. Pick a number!
keep in mind how many books you have. If you only have one bookshelf, it may be best if you choose a number between 1 and 10. I myself don't have very much physical books, so I'm doing this one with the books on my e-reader: those are plenty, haha!

2. Go to your bookshelf and count that many books until you reach your number.
Then answer the question for that book!

3. Count the same number from where you left off,
and then answer that question. There are 15 questions total, but you're free to add more!

4. Repeat until you're finished!

I used random.org to pick a number and it chose 14!

1. What do you think of the cover?

Annabel (Delirium, #0.5)

Well, it's a bit sad that this question got paired with a novella, haha. This cover doesn't exactly rock my socks off, but I think it's nice enough, especially for a novella. It fits well with the covers of the series, but it's a bit dark: I would've liked a bit more color.

2. Write a review in 140 characters or less

Born At Midnight by C.C. Hunter: Terrible. More slut-shaming than you could ever believe, I hate the main character, and pretty much everyone actually.

3. How or where did you get this book?

Crash by Nicole Williams: I bought it online. (shocker, I know)

4. Who is your favourite character from this book?

Destined by Aprilynne Pike: Um. I actually have no idea (I can't remember the cast that well). Okay, I give up. Sorry, no idea.

5. Recommend this book to a fellow blogger who would really like it.

Entwined by Heather Dixon: I think Mel from The Daily Prophecy would like this, since it's a fairy tale retelling! She's probably already read it, though :P

6. How long ago did you read this book?

Fever by Lauren DeStefano: It was somewhere this year, I think, but that's all I remember!

7. Name your favorite scene from this book.

Green Rider by Kristen Britain: I actually haven't read this one yet, haha. So can't answer! 

8. Open up to page 87 and share a quote (no spoilers!)

Betrayed by P.C. Cast: Oh dear. Do you really want me to? Well, I looked, and there's absolutely nothing to share. Seriously, the whole page consists of a conversation that doesn't make sense out of context, but I'll give you this gem *cough cough*:

"We'd make dorky terrorists."

9. How did you hear about or discover this book?

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead: I didn't hear about this one, tbh. I knew it was coming because it's part of a series! I first discovered that Bloodlines existed through Goodreads, though.

10. If you could redesign this cover, what would you do?

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa:

The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)

I don't know what I would do, but I wouldn't make it like this, that's for sure. Seriosuly. Half-naked dude with weird blue stripes on his chest in an abandoned forest? I think we can do better, thank you.

11. Name your least favorite character in this book.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: Uh oh. Maybe I should say Snow, but he sort of intruiges me. Maybe the leader of District 13 whose name I've forgotten? (Shame on me. Should totally reread.)

12. Fill in the blanks: If you like ___ then you would probably like ___.

Oh dear. I'm so bad at this! If you like Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver you would probably like Before I Fall because it's Oliver's best book (in my opinion), haha. They're nothing alike, I just suck at this.

13. Name one cool thing about this book.

The Selection by Kiera Cass: The cover! It's so pretteh, even if the content isn't. These covers are so pretty and dress-lusty (that's totally a word).

14. Where is this set, and would you ever want to visit this world/place?

Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff: It's set in a sort of fantasy/dystopian Japan (I think. Not sure anymore). I would want to visit because OMG Buuruu! But I wouldn't because it seems a very deadly and harsh place.

15. Who is this dedicated to?

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa: "For Nick, Brandon and Villis. May we continue to beat those dead horses into the ground."

Annnd that's it! I hope you had fun, because I certainly did! I love filling in these kind of surveys (or any sort of bookish survey), so if you know another one, please tell me! If you want to do this one as well, you should totally leave me a link so I can check it out. 

Happy day, guys, may it be filled with books!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...