Tuesday 4 February 2014

Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
____________________________


Ooh. This is actually quite a tricky topic for me since I do not cry over books. So beneath is basically a list of books that made me either really sad or go "NOOOOOOOOOO!".

1. Me Since You by Laura Wiess

You guys, this is one of the saddest books EVER. Like I said, I don't cry over books, but damn if I didn't get close to it. I read this with tears in my eyes, which to me is the equivalent of bawling your eyes out. So sad and beautiful.

2. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

This is definitely one of those "NOOOOOOOO!" books. If you've read this, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, why? Get on with it, ruin your life. This book will devastate you.

3. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Beautiful and absolutely heartbreaking. The prettiness of this book alone makes me want to cry, but it's really really sad too. Believe me when I say that you need this in your life: this is definitely one of the most under-appreciated novels ever.

4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

This is such a beautiful novel and definitely one of my favorites. Just wait until you get to the end - I definitely had a *gasp* "Wait wait wait wait wait. This did not just happen. It DID NOT." - moment.

5. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

Because this is my list so I can cheat all I want. Either way, DoBaS is just so sad. This is one of the few books that has made me really feel war. It's all so bleak and cruel, and those little moments of hope and happiness break your heart all the more.

6. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

While I know that many did not like it because of the main character, this is actually my favorite Oliver book. I think it's just beautiful (can we all agree that apparently all books that made me sad are also beautiful?) how everything unfolds and it sends out a really strong message of "live like you'll die tomorrow" - because that might actually happen. And most of us won't get the chance to make things right.

7. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Honestly, you could put any Hunger Games book on this list. I'm going with Mockingjay because there are so. Many. Deaths. It's so heartbreaking. I'm still not over it.

8. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

All is well, you're enjoying this book and it's kinda fun. AND THEN. FREAKINESS AND AHHH WHAT IS HAPPENING WHY WHY WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME WHY.

9. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

For a large part of the book, this isn't that sad. Well, a little, but nothing you can't handle. And then the ending happens and oh dear, we're all fucked. It is very likely you'll cry. Just sayin'.

10. Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott

Nothing absolutely devastating happens in this book, but there's a reason I created a "sad-sad-sad" shelf for this. This is definitely an extremly sad book and if you don't hate it, you just might cry.

So show me YOUR Top Ten! I love books that make me (want to) cry. (Is that weird?)

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I need to get onto a lot of these! Especially Me Since You since it's getting published so soon! You can see my top ten here: http://the-bookbee.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/top-ten-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of these I have heard of before and some are on my TBR list. What a great list :)

    My TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-books-that-make-you-cry/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I Fall was a really sad book! These are some great choices. I have yet to read These Broken Stars but I've heard it's really sad. Here's my TTT: http://unearthlyreviews.blogspot.com/2014/02/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-will-make-me.html Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks. I loved Before I Fall and These Broken Stars made me tear up quite a bit too, just did not see that coming! My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...